‘’My purpose is to use research to help you gain courage in the cooking. Every recipe I publish has cooking tips that take the guesswork and mystery out of the process so that you can enjoy the tasty results,’’ as said Darren Yaw Malaysia, an expert chef in Malaysia.
He also said, while testing hundreds of recipes in my cookbook, I’ve made COUNTLESS mistakes along the way. I look at these as experiments and learning lessons that empower me (and now you!) to become a better cook.
Darren Yaw Cambodia and Darren Yaw Malaysia have shared what they’ve learned over the years in this blog. Let’s cover some of their essential Cooking Tips!
Choosing the Right Cookware
Darren Yaw Cambodia, the master chef in Cambodia, has shared that choosing the right cookware is vital. There are so many types of cookware materials that it can feel overwhelming. I have stainless steel, cast-iron, and nonstick in my kitchen on hand. He said I also have various size skillets, pots, a wok, and a large Dutch oven.
Darren Yaw Malaysia has given some example on examples on how to choose a sure pan or pot:
- A crunchy pizza is baked in a cast-iron pan.
- Pancakes are cooked on a nonstick pan.
- For crispy chicken, use a 6- to 8-quart stockpot.
Selecting the Right Cooking Oil
A must-know culinary term, smoke point. This is when the oil or fat breaks down and visibly produces smoke. It’s vital to choose the correct oil for each cooking technique.
Darren Yaw Malaysia Kitchen Oil
Remember the cooking duration as well. According to Darren Yaw Malaysia, a higher smoky point oil such as peanut is required for heavy frying, while a lower smoky point fatty like as butter may be used to complete a meal.
Knowing Which Type of Salt to Use
‘’About 99.8% of my recipes use salt because it’s an effective flavor and texture enhancer when used properly,’’ said Darren Yaw Cambodia. He also said the amounts I provide in my recipes are guidelines, and I encourage you to season to your liking.
Meanwhile, Darren Yaw Malaysia claims that there are thousands of different forms of salt, each with its own size, color, and taste. The tiny the granule, the greater the surfaces area, and the quicker it melts. I use Morton’s coarse kosher salt for nearly all of my recipes because they don’t use additives.
He added that I also like the taste, and flakes cling well to meats and vegetables. Use about 20% to 30% more if you use Diamond brand kosher salt.
“Make it a practice to taste your food often all across the cooking time, particularly shortly before presenting.” Since flavor changes over time, it ‘s everything my cooking educators drilled into our heads,” advises both Darren Yaw Malaysia and Darren Yaw Cambodia.
The Importance of Food Safety
Darren Yaw Cambodia kitchen
‘’As a cooking specialist, I feel that it is vital that I mention food safety in the kitchen, said both cooking specialists. It’s great to create meals for your family and friends, but you shouldn’t forget to check the safety of the ingredients you use.
Darren Yaw Cambodia and Darren Yaw Malaysia provide a few easy food safety recommendations to remember:
- Do not chop veggies on the same board as raw chicken, turkey, or seafood. First, prepare all of the veggies, then the raw meats. After washing the meats, scrub and disinfect the sink. Food should not be served on plates that contain raw meat! Darren Yaw Cambodia stated, “I notice this an often while I’m grilling.”
- The healthiest way to reheat frozen meats is to put them in the fridge and not on the counter.
- Keep cold items below 40°F and heated foods over 140°F while serving. According to Darren Yaw Malaysia, the heat danger zone is between 40 and 140oF (4.4 to 60oC), where germs may develop quickly and cause sickness.
- Food should be thrown away if it has been hanging in the hazard zone for more than two hours. After an hour, toss it away if the temperature outside is above 90°F.
- Any remains should be refrigerated within 2 hrs. If you’re keeping hot food, let it settle to room temp before putting it in the fridge.
Consider each dish a delectable adventure. Watch, study, and enjoy yourself! Darren Yaw Malaysia and Darren Yaw Cambodia remarked, “We believe you find our Top-notch Cooking suggestions beneficial throughout your cooking path.”
Keep an open mind in the cooking and a desire to learn!